Since the end of the Vietnam War, the politically correct politicians, teachers, academics, clergy and media in the USA (similarly in Europe) have been indoctrinating generation after generation of young people that patriotism is awful; belief in God is silly; all people are equal; all religions are similar; America is imperialist as well as racist; and a great deal of such asinine drivel.
The end result, the USA (and Europe) suffers from the most pampered, spineless, clueless and undisciplined young men and women who truly believe that their parents and the state owe them everything they need in life.
Most Westerners have completely forgotten that the state is like a house. If it is built with fired bricks it will last for decades. If built from any other cheap material, it would not last more than a few years. The building bricks of any nation are the families. If the parents are decent law abiding and disciplined citizens, the children will invariably be the same. If not, you have the current whining snowflakes and buttercups.
To bring the young people of both the USA and Europe back to reality in the shortest possible time frame with the greatest number of positive results, conscription should again be activated but for both men and women. No other form of service short of mandated conscription upon all young people can close the great divides that Obama and his cronies have caused to the American people in the last eight years.
The world is facing unimaginable acts of terror, genocide, mass slaughter, fear, uncertainty and the citizens should be prepared as much as possible to defend and or fend themselves and their countries.
The armed forces are the melting pot wherein white, black, yellow, religious or not must work together and support each other in their units. The foremost example is the IDF (Israel Defence Forces) that assimilates, absorbs, integrates men and women from 70 different countries with all shades of colour, belief and language to turn them into productive, creative, inventive, disciplined and unified people.
The service does not have to be three years for men and two for women as in the IDF (Israel is a special case since it is surrounded by 400 million Arabs who want her destroyed). The periods can be one year for all. The advantages will be enormous and the results salutary in a short period of time because of the following:
- Instead of having jobless and directionless young people gravitating towards gangs, cults or other distractions, the armed forces will channel their energies into more positive and useful directions.
- They will be treated equally; any discrimination of any kind would not be tolerated.
- Because of their close proximity to each other, they will learn about each other’s cultures and beliefs, creating social bonds and understanding that they would never achieve otherwise.
- They will learn discipline and obeying rules and regulations meant for real life, survival and most important of all, leadership.
- They will gain enormous self-respect as well as esprit de corps; pride in the achievements of their units and the ability to make informed decisions.
- They will also learn to use the latest electronic communications, electrical and mechanical systems for maintenance and innovations.
- Those who are deficient in reading and writing will be helped by their comrades in arms to study and learn.
- They will be part and parcel of the Brotherhood of Arms and when they leave, they will have significantly more advantages than if conscription is not instituted.