The woman who is head of the National Trust and is ripping the goodwill of its volunteers from the organisation by an aggressive pro-homosexuality agenda, Dame Helen Ghosh (pictured above), is a fully paid-up member of the cultural Marxist elite.
She was once 'permanent' head of the Home Office (which she left after a record of evasiveness and blame-shifting), and moved on to the NT and is now on her way to one of the plum jobs in the leftie pantheon, head of Balliol College, Oxford - up there with editorship of The Guardian, policy director at the BBC or head of the Institute of Community Cohesion.
It's her Home Office tenure that I find most disturbing. She was appointed when Gordon Brown was PM, but we will never know who suggested and supported her appointment, when she must have been one of a field of strong contenders.
I am building up a file of issues we have with the Home Office. Here are the main issues I have identified so far.
The UK Home Office:
• ruled out dental checks to verify the ages of asylum seekers/ 'child migrants'
• hid the number of illegal immigrants and their own estimate that 150,000 illegals break into Britain every year
• tried to censor Dame Louise Casey's report on Islamic extremism and political correctness
• set up a whitewash inquiry into Sharia courts
• suppressed a report on the nature, scale and origin of the funding of Islamist extremism in the UK
• was called "scandalous" by Lord Justice Gross for its chronic delays in extraditing child stealer Gilbert Deya
• under-resourced Border Force (responsible for frontline border control operations at air, sea and rail ports), failed to give them top-level public backing
• employs/ contracts/ listens to a string of ethnic and religious advisers
If you come across other examples, please let me know in the comments section below. I am getting quite a bit of interest each time I post an abbreviated version of the list on Disqus or at The Times.