Analogies are a great tool to turn events / issues into understanding. They're used every day to bring clarity to issues. The possibilities are interminable (metropolis : necropolis :: condominium : cemetery, etc.). The analogy functions both as a focus and a catalyst for the transformation of event into experience.
And, in helping to correct the disinformation campaign concerning Islam: knowledge is not simply power ... it's survival!
Islam's two main targets are 'people of the Book', or Jews and Christians, but I'm going to focus here on their current global target: Christians.
It's been proven true, innumerable times, what Proverbs 23:7 states: "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." But it's never been so evident as with the daily examples from the ideology currently mass-migrating into the West.
The best way to comprehend what Islam produces in the heart of a man is to watch their reactions in civil society. The great Winston Churchill once said, concerning Islam:
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia [rabies] in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
One term easily comes to mind when viewing the behavior of a devout follower of Islam in free society: RAGE! Some recent examples:
- Hatchet attack on police in NYC - Muslim convert attacks police officer, unprovoked, with hatchet to the skull.
- Charlie Hebdo (Paris, France) - two Muslim men who didn't agree with free speech rights murder 12 innocents at the French satirical magazine.
- Murder in kosher market (Paris, France) - Muslim man kills four innocents at Hyper Cacher kosher supermarket at Porte de Vincennes in Paris, for being Jewish.
- Garland, Texas - attempted mass-murder of innocents by two Muslim men who didn't agree with free speech rights.
- Beheading in Buffalo - 'moderate' Muslim beheads his wife for daring to divorce him (an honor killing).
- Beheading in Oklahoma - a woman is beheaded in a factory, by a Muslim man, for refusing to submit to Islam.
- Beheading in UK â€“ soldier Lee Rigby is beheaded in broad daylight, by two Muslim men, for being an unbeliever and a soldier.
- WTC bombing 1993 - the first World Trade Center bombing of a major infidel target, because we refuse to submit to Islam.
- Muslim kills two soldiers at recruiting center - Muslim murders two American soldiers outside an army recruiting center in Arkansas for being infidels.
- Benghazi, Libya - the unprovoked slaughter of four Americans (US ambassador and three US military veterans).
And this is just a small speck of the over 26,000 deadly terror attacks committed by Muslims globally since the attacks of 9-11 (which slaughtered 3,000 innocents). All are Islamic reactions to the civil world living its existence but having the audacity to refuse to submit to Muhammed's commands. Their prophet gave them only one response ... as Bald Eagle on the TV series F Troop would say: "Kill, kill, KILL!"
Islam is not known for great acts of charity, nor tolerance, nor mercy. Islam's law (Sharia) leaves no place for anyone who doesn't get with Allah's program. What is endemic to these minions of Muhammed is seething rage and hatred that leads to homicide. Sample their street rallies ... all men, shrieking, "Death to infidels!", "Behead all those who insult Islam!", "Death to Israel!", "Death to America!" and let's not forget, "Democracy Go To Hell!".
The rage is palpable. And they don't just wear their emotion on their sleeve ... they carry it out to the end of a blade, across an infidel's throat. Islamic groups (like Hamas, etc.) don't build hospitals ... they use them for military purposes. They don't help women and children ... they use them as human shields.
It's not a pretty picture. That's because the artist is Allah and the crooked paintbrush is Muhammed.
The West, on the other hand (based upon Judeo-Christian principles), is responsible for a plethora of grace to humanity. Christian hospitals, nursing homes and orphanages care for those in need, whether they be Christian or not. Christian charities reach out in love by caring for the poor, victims of natural disasters, the homeless, the invalid ... the list is immeasurable.
The analogies are correct, based upon the empirical evidence. Rage : Islam :: Love : Christianity.
It all emanates from the source materials. The Judeo-Christian Bible encourages love. The Quran ... well ... do I really need to elaborate?
Shalom through strength.
Audrey Russo is host of the weekly REELTalk Radio Show based in New York City. She writes a column for ClashDaily.com (where the above piece was first published) and her articles on the Middle East, national security, terrorism and cultural issues have been published widely. Audrey is also an active member of the NYC performing arts community as a singer and actor.
Audrey Russo's Second Interview with Paul Weston: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGYe20IPqI
Audrey Russo interviews Robert Spencer and Jack Buckby 13.02.15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0RWQllIwo